Since its earliest years, St. Sebastian has offered its students the International Language Program, a program which develops and instills pride in one’s ancestry and culture. In fact, St. Sebastian was the first school to administer an International Language program, initially funded by the Italian Consulate and then by the Ministry of Multiculturalism.
The school proudly celebrated its 25th anniversary in May 2005.
Throughout its years, St. Sebastian has consistently striven to provide a well-balanced, solid education to its students and meet the needs of the Catholic children in the area.
As originally published by St. Sebastian Catholic School
The Wallace Emerson neighbourhood owes its development to the Canadian Pacific and Canadian National railway lines which began freight services to this area in the late 1800s. Nowadays, the main thoroughfare of Bloor Street consists almost exclusively of mixed-use residential and commercial buildings. The residential area north of Bloor Street is primarily single-family dwellings. Many of these structures have been converted into apartments, housing up to eight separate units, but some new homebuyers are renovating them back to single-family homes. The Village of Dovercourt was founded in the 1870s. Its residents were originally poor immigrants from England. The village was annexed by the old City of Toronto in 1912, helping stimulate its growth and development by 1923.View Neighbourhood